Finished bed with Tuffleberry Treestone on it!
I started working on making this bed for my kitties in July and finally finished it last week with the help of my husband.
Staining the wood on the dining table.
It was my very first wood project and I learned a lot from it –
- I am going to buy an electric sander before my next project. Sanding wood by hand is good workout, but the body aches all over the next day.
- I also learned that varnishing requires very little amount on the brush, almost like dry brushing. Otherwise you will have blobs of varnish stuck to the bottom of the wood. So I had to sand those down again before applying the next coat.
- Wood glue is good to keep trims in place, but we ended up using screws to secure them because they kept coming off, probably because of the varnish.
- I also spray painted the brackets that we used to attach the legs to the bed.
Charlie jumped on the bed within a couple of minutes of making the bed. Success!!
It was a really fun project and I might actually make another one for them. If anyone is interested in the the details, please let me know.
Don’t forget the upcoming Halloween Paper Pieced Blog Hop!Comments