Our dining area is fairly small and I tire easily of shopping for furniture. So after looking for a set of lightweight chairs with little result, I decided to just give our old Ikea chairs an overhaul. I finally got all the materials and finished them about a week ago. They are much sturdier and more comfortable than the original chairs.
The first chair taken apart – (I had to get gloves for the rest of them to avoid getting splinters.)
Supplies – 1/4″ plywood to glue to the frame, wood glue, clamps to hold them together until the glue dried, 1/2″ foam, batting, cloth, staple gun, scissors, drill and screws.
The bottom of one of the chairs –
The final product –