And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
-Percy Bysshe Shelley, “The Sensitive Plant”
Spring is very short here in the desert, but the vibrant orange, yellow, purple and fuchsia flowers sure put up a good show for those short couple of weeks in April. Up in the Sierra mountains, waterfalls rush down the cliff faces, meadows turn luscious green and dogwoods – one of my favorite flowers – are in bloom. Spring is probably the only time when I can enjoy the mountains and the desert simultaneously.
While a lot of us are still battling winter, I thought this would be a good time to introduce the Spring Fling paper piecing blog hop to get us start thinking about warmer weather, and the bright and brilliant colors of Spring.
Please join me along with 19 other designers for a Spring-themed blog hop to celebrate this colorful season. It will be a month long blog hop in April during which each designer will share a 10-inch paper piecing block for you to make.
The Designers -
1. 04/01 Teri Emerson, handiwerx
2. 04/02 Barbara Cain, B’s Modern Quilting
3. 04/03 Ruth Davis, Ruthie quilts! And quilts…
4. 04/05 Marissa Nichols, MKissa Creations
5. 04/08 Cyrille, Bubblestitch Quilts
6. 04/09 Gaya, Le borse di Gaya
7. 04/10 Vicki Ruebel, Quilting Lodge
8. 04/11 Lilja Björk, liljabs.com
9. 04/12 Cindy, Quilt Doodle Designs
10. 04/15 Jennifer Ofenstein, Sewhooked
11. 04/16 Caroline, Trillium Design
12. 04/17 Sandy in Buenos Aires, Peek a Boo !
13. 04/18 Lynn Provencher, Thimblemouse & Spouse
14. 04/19 Soma Acharya, Whims And Fancies
15. 04/22 Aalia, Joy Of Stitches
16. 04/23 Amy Gay, ButterflyAngels Quilts
17. 04/24 Michele Foster, Quilting Gallery
18. 04/25 Dorothy Gautier, ButterflyAngels Quilts
19. 04/26 Michelle Thompson, misha29
20. 04/29 Regina Grewe, Textile Landscapes
A 180 x 180 banner image for you to share -
You can either download the image or just use the link below:
URL for the image link -
URL for the blog hop link -
Lastly, here is the HTML code that you can copy and paste on your blog. It includes the code for the image linking back to the blog hop post –
<a href=http://www.whimsandfancies.com/category/spring-fling/ target=_blank><img src=http://www.whimsandfancies.com/wp-content/gallery/other_photos/spring_fling_logo_180.jpg alt=Spring Fling Paper Piecing blog hop></a>
April will be so much fun, I can hardly wait!!